


" Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- ’WOW, what a ride!!! "
Anonymous
Let me start by saying that I love my life. I love being married to my best friend and trusty adventure partner. I love being a mom to my two awesome kids. I have a good job and a nice place to live and the best family one could ever ask for. But still, I seem to have a constant itch to get out and do something just a little bit crazy. Something that makes me work, wears me out, and scares the daylights out of me...just a little bit. The daily grind of working, housekeeping, taking care of kids, etc., etc. etc. tends to make the itch really itch, so our recent trip to Moab was just what the doctor ordered. Dusty and I left the kids in Logan and headed out on the dirt bikes. Moab has had an unusually cool and wet spring and it was BEAUTIFUL! The red rock contrasts so beautifully with the spring green, and there were wildflowers everywhere! Some of the trails were traveled were Onion Creek, Steelbender, Behind the Rocks, and Kane Creek Rim. Although we were only gone for a few days, this little trip has whetted my appetite for adventure travel. So here is the list of little adventures I hope to have in my lifetime. Mind you, this is just my little list that I think is pretty darn do-able. Hopefully I will do all of these adventures and many, many more in my lifetime.
1. Spend a week on Lake Powell. Yes, I know that anyone who is anyone in the west has already done this, but I have not and I really, really want to!
2. Highway 1 by Motorcycle. We tried to fit this little trip in before we had kids and sold our road bikes, but ran out of time. Someday...
3. Dirt bike in Costa Rica. I got this idea from one of my favorite shows that only ran a short time, Epic Ride. There are some awesome places to dirt bike in Costa Rica.
4. Hike Havasupai. Another thing that everyone else has already done, but I still want to do.
5. Family ski trip to Whistler. Dusty and I went to Whistler on our honeymoon and had a total blast, but we were very impressed with how family friendly the resort was. Hopefully we'll have a chance to take the kids there someday.
6. River Rafting/Float Trip. Green River, Snake River, or any other river. In my whole life, I have never been river rafting or on a float trip. Totally lame, so add it to the list.
7. Deep Sea Fishing. I am totally a fair-weather, short attention span fisher. However, I have always thought it would be awesome to be out on the big sea trying to snag the big fish.
8. Run the Nike Womens Marathon. Girls trip to San Francisco...what could be more fun than that!?! And it doesn't hurt that you are greeted with a Tiffany & Co. necklace at the finish line, instead of a clunky medal.
and last, but not least..
9. Tropical water vacation. I want to snorkel, kayak and lay on the beach surrounded by beautiful scenery and aquatic life. Yes, I know this is not really an adventure type vacation. Maybe this will be my restful, lazy vacation after accomplishing all these other ones.
2 comments:
I think those sound like fun trips!!! I have never been to Lake Powell either :( We need to go!!!
I love your need for adventure. I have a lot of those same adventures on my list. Yeah for you! You'll do them all, I know it.
Post a Comment